January 04, 2014

The Memorare


The Memorare, a prayer attributed to St. Bernard of Clairvaux, is one of the best prayers expressing our confidence in the Blessed Virgin Mary.
-The Handbook of Prayers


Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your proctection, implored your help, or sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word incarnate, despise not my intentions, but in your mercy hear and answer me. Amen.  Memorare, o piisima Virgo Maria, non esse ausitum a saeculo, quemquam ad tua currentem praesidia, tua implorantem auxilia, tue petentem suffragia esse derelictum. Ego tali animatus confidentia ad te, Virgo Virginum, Mater, curro; ad te venio; coram te gemens peccator assisto. Noli, Mater Verbi, verba mea despicere, sed audi propitia et exaudi. Amen


Related Post